What is the 1-365 Challenge?
Choose an exercise and start on the 1st day of the year by completing just one rep, then two reps on the 2nd day of the year, three reps on the 3rd day and so on until you reach the end of the year. On the last day you will complete 365 reps of your chosen exercise for the 365th day of the year. This amounts to 67,161 reps over the course of 12 full months. Think your mind and body can handle it?!
What will I receive by signing up?
By signing up to the 1-365 Challenge with The Burpee Guy you will receive:
1. Regular HIIT workout videos, which will be a mixture of cardio and resistance training.
2. A ‘1-365 Challenge’ t-shirt which you can wear in your workouts.
3. Download The Burpee Guy’ Six Week Training Programme worth £30.
4. Regular recipes which The Burpee Guy followed and used throughout his own challenge.
5. A one-off Reebok discount code which you can use on all branded clothing and/or equipment.
6. A fortnightly motivational video to help encourage you along the way.
7. Regular posts written by Craig which look at and reviews various challenges you are going to face. This includes dealing with the summer heat; feeling lethargic in the winter months; handling the pressure; and tips to managing your daily schedule around the challenge.
8. Access to a support forum where you can interact with, support and motivate other members of the ‘1-365 Challenge’.
9. Ongoing press support to help promote your 1-365 Challenge. This includes template press releases; social media advice; and general press office support.
Of course, other benefits of registering to do the 1-365 Challenge include reducing body fat, enhancing your cardio, improving your mental well-being, making new friends and connections, feeling motivated and inspired, improving core strength, and becoming more flexible.
Who can sign up to the 1-365 Challenge?
Anyone, anywhere. That is the beauty of the 1-365 Challenge. All you need is a little bit of space and a commitment to get started. You don’t have to be an elite athlete to do this, in fact quite the opposite. The 1-365 Challenge is aimed at getting ordinary people achieving something extraordinary.
Where did this idea originate from?
In 2016, Craig (The Burpee Guy) completed this very challenge using burpees. Starting on the 1st January with one burpee and ending on the last day of the year with 366 burpees (it was a Leap Year!) In doing so, he raised almost £17,000 for St George’s Hospital, London, and its new kit appeal for fetal endoscopy equipment.
So do I have to do this for charity too?
Not at all. You can do this just for your own fitness, health, physical, and mental well-being. If you do decide to do it for charity make sure you set up a JustGiving or Virgin money Giving page to help attract donations.
What exercise shall I do?
That’s your call. We’ve already seen people taking part with press-ups, kettle bell swings, lunges, burpees, crunches, and squat jumps. The choice of exercise is entirely up to you. But we encourage you to be sensible and realistic with your choice.
Why sign up? Can’t I do this for free?
Of course you can! Crack on and get started. However, you won’t receive any of the perks and benefits outlined above. The main benefit of signing up is that you’ll have regular support access. And take it from someone who knows, there will be times when you need it.
What if I want to join but the start of the year has passed?
Join anyway! The ‘1-365 Challenge’ can begin at any time of the year – just pick it up from a date which suits you. You’ll still receive all the monthly benefits which is included in the package.
I want to do the ‘1-365 Challenge’ but I’m nervous about doing the whole year; can I just do a month here and there?
Absolutely. In fact, if you are new to exercise why not try just one month and add one rep of an exercise each day?
OK, sounds great. Where do I sign up and how much does it cost?
There are two options:
Annual £180 (inc VAT)
Monthly £20.00 (inc VAT)